Monday, January 28, 2008

talk about connections.

Part 1 in a series of good and bad CRM stories.

Thank you, Verizon FIOS. Our relationship started pretty horribly. Yeah, remember? I sought you out, read about what you had to offer, and we made a date. I was so excited. You promised me faster Internet speeds. And, oh, the TV options. The N! Three Nickelodeon stations, every news station I could imagine. Oh, man. I had found my soul mate. Then, you flaked on me. Bastard. Typical. As it got closer to our exciting, all-day rendezvous, you forgot. You “lost the date” or something like that. I don’t believe you. I should have dumped you then.

But you redeemed yourself. You called me and apologized. You sweet-talked me into setting up another date and still managed to give me the same deal. Then, when it was time, you called to let me know you were on your way. You brought me cable. You brought me Internet accessibility. You stayed with me until it was all working correctly. Six whole hours. And you never complained. The next day you called me to see if it was working. Not an operator, mind you, but the installer. Then you called me a month later to make sure everything was still ok. We may have had a rough patch, but we’re blissfully happy now.

No comments: